Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm gonna put it out there

No, the bike is not for sale! But since I still can't find pictures since the "incident" I thought I would put Mike's one true great love (after the kids and me right Mike?) 


My sweet hard working wonderful husband got "laid off" a week ago. I know! Can you believe it?

He is so talented and great with people. Everyone loves him. Although he was an outside sales mgr (rarely in the office), the office staff loved him. People cried and held on to him as he left. The company has been going through some tough times as GM is their major partner. Need I say more? He has had to say good bye to many clients as many have closed their GM dealerships down. These were people he has come to know and really like. People that we have vacationed with and had dinners with.  Things don't look so good for "the company" as it stands now. Could be any day that they shut the doors. We are glad that we are out now instead of later. He felt really good about  the lay off. He said he felt as though a weight were lifted from him and feels really positive about our future. (I am so glad that HE is optimistic) He was with the company for 9 years. It is time for a change. And if you know my husband you know he is so talented at what he did. It has been suggested though that he get an agent and start the comedy tour scene. Hmmmmm. If it brings home the bacon then I guess I would be OK with it? 

10 comments:

Kasey said...

You have such a beautiful family. What a great picture in your header. I saw you on Nester. I will be praying that you will be blessed and that your Hefty house payment will become a normal house payment again!!

tabchoirfam said...

Oh Elaine - I am sorry. I hope the best for all of you!

The Lind Family said...

I am so sorry to hear about Mike's layoff! Always remember God will bless and provide for you and your family. We will be praying for you guys Elaine...

Jaime said...

Both of you are tremendously talented and I am confident that your family will come out on top! Go Spencers!

Talia said...

Mike is so talented I'm sure he will take care of you and your cute kiddos. I'm rooting for the comedian option! Seriously, he is so funny! What a trying time, but you're both amazing and the Lord has a plan for you. It must be reassuring that Mike felt at peace with it. Who knows what's in store for you guys. Here's to bigger and better things!!

Williams Family said...

I'm SOOOO sorry to hear that! WIth that I must say that I'm sure something bigger and better is waiting for you guys!! Seriously!! Mike really is very talented in a lot of areas and anybody would be lucky to have him on their team!! Let us know if there is anything we can do!! We miss you guys!!

Trisha said...

I am so sorry to hear about your husbands job loss. This is such a very scary time we live in. Thank you for your sweet comments. I love your family picture. I grew up in Huntington Beach, and this picture remindes me of home. Where I live now it is cold and snowy. I will pray for your family. My heart breaks for all the people suffering.

Anonymous said...

I was intrigued by the post at the Nester and saw your comment and just wanted to come by to let you know that I'm sorry your husband got laid off but I'm so glad that he's looking at it as a positive thing. Good luck to you guys!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's job. I hope that his rebound is quick.

Canyon Girl said...

OMG!!! I am just reading this now. I am so sorry. I heard you mention something about him needing a job when we were at Lily's party, but I didn't realize all that happened. I hope he's okay. I know he'll have no problem finding a great job because he's just so amazing, great with people, smart and funny. I'm sorry your family has to deal with this stress right now. I will be praying for all of you.

Big hugs,
Shannon

By the way -- he can make some extra money selling his handmade greeting cards on etsy. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails