Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Do you have a favorite poem?

I think tomorrow I will implement some memorization with the kids. I am thinking some kind of classic poem or maybe even one of our favorite Psalms. My friend Lara is having an "un-plugged" summer with her kids....well for most of the day anyway. We are spending entirely too much time in front of the t.v. I know it is hot and I wouldn't want to be out there running around, so instead of what we have been doing we will have some productivity during our week then they can play in the cool of the evening.


Any favorite poems out there???????? Maybe I'll post a video of the kids reciting one that gets suggested!

1 comments:

Jaime said...

The midnight ride of Paul Revere. "Listen my children and you will hear of the midnight ride of Paul Revere...One if by land and two if by sea and I on the opposite shore will be, ready to ride and spread the alarm to every middlesex village and farm." My mom had me memorize lots of poetry and that one was one of my favorites!

Related Posts with Thumbnails