Thursday, July 23, 2009

Family Dinner

So, this past week at our Sisters Weekend we talked about everything from tummy tucks to designer bags. In between those subjects, eating dinner as a family got brought up by one of my sis-in-laws. She said that my brother really preferrd everyone eating at the same time! "Another Sheets (that is my maiden name) rule!" I spoke up and said that my family eats dinner together every single night! I was proud that it was something that we almost never let slide. It is almost as important as going to church and as neccessary to me as breathing. The reason I bring this up is not because I think she is wrong....more like I think families miss out on valuable "table talk" and because today is one of those days that I actually let my self watch Oprah. ( I gave her up a while ago.....sometimes though she has some really great topics that are worthwile.) Today was all about living on less and living simply. I am glad that I already have developed a simple tradition of family togetherness. I love dinner time even though it is the "witching hour" here at that time, it is still sooooo worth it! If you need some simple famil togetherness time try it out this summer.....I know you will love it and so will your kids!

2 comments:

Kym said...

Family dinners together...
I wouldn't have it any other way!

Quite often, when schedules run late, we will have snacks around 4pm just so we can all have dinner together at 8pm. Those nights are tough, with bedtime at 9pm, but it is so worth it! Especially now that the kids are getting older.

Pemberley Court said...

Yep! And good idea with the snacks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails