Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dinner tonight was.....

Caramelized Kielbasa with brown sugar and BBQ sauce
This recipe I got from my brother. He made it for us a few years ago and it was Delish!
So simple:
One link of Kielbasa
2 T brown sugar(my donation to the recipe)
about 1/2 C of your favorite BBQ sauce
Slice kielbasa in bite size pcs. cook till brown on both sides then add brown sugar and cook for a minute but don't burn! Then add BBQ sauce and cook for another few minutes then call everyone to the table!
and......

I have been meaning to buy these bread bowls because my kids just love them at Panera but I hate forking out that kind of cash for soup and bread! So, I thought about what my kids like best as far as soup goes and came up with this recipe that EVERYONE raved and ranted about at the table and yes, they even went as far as to ask for SECONDS!!!!!
Here is the recipe
Creamy Chicken Soup
3/4 C. finely diced carrots
3/4C. sliced celery
1/2C. finely diced onion
Saute these ingredients in 1 T butter and 1 T Olive Oil until tender
Add 2 Chicken breasts diced and cook 'til no longer pink.
Add:
3 dashes/shakes of poultry seasoning
2 T chopped fresh parsley
2 T flour
(stir in with all ingredients in pot)
6-8 cups of water
3 cans cream of chicken soup
2 T. corn starch mixed with 2-3 T cold water to thicken
Salt and pepper to taste
You can adjust the amount of water and cream of chicken soup to your size family.
We like left overs and we love love love soup so I made more.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh you're making me hungry! I was totally fine till I read this and now my tummy is growling and my mouth is watering. Yummmmmm...

The Lind Family said...

Yummy! I definately am going to try this recipe! My family loves clam chowder in bread bowls. I found that if you special order your bowls from Albertson's they are much more affordable. When they are baking the french loaves, they will just split one recipe and turn them into bowls for you. The Albie's in Quartz Hill did it for me as well as the Vons in Rancho Vista.
Thanks for the great recipe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails