Thursday, January 7, 2010

Antiquing for the first time with no little ones in tow!




Today was a true first for me~ There's the first day of school the first day of work etc. but for me today was the first time that after I dropped Blake off at Preschool I went to this HUGE antique shop where I got lost. I was there for 2 hours!! No one to say "don't touch that!!!!" or "Please don't touch that again, or I swear if you touch one more thing!!!!!!" I have to admit that I didn't miss any of my sweet hearts while I was there. It was like my Disneyland!

There was soooooo much to look at that I didn't know where to start. I would take a step in one direction and then stop and turn because something else caught my eye. I am sure the lady behind the counter was looking at me strangely!

Here's what I didn't buy:(because I am trying not to impulse shop.....if I still want it and it is still there than maybe!)

The old hand mixer/egg beater
An old fashioned like my mom and her mom used to have flour sifter that you hand crank
A cast iron biscuit pan
A Robin egg blue pan (for Camryn to play with)
The sweetest Demitasse cups (for Toad in the hole) see my previous post!
A huge silver cake stand sectioned platter that was amazing!

3 comments:

The Lind Family said...

I think you should definately go back for that cake stand!!! ;)
By any chance did you go to the Antique Asylum??? If so...next time check out my mom's booth. She's had it for a few months now. Not sure of the booth number, but you can ask the lady at the front desk. I know it's on the right side of the store near the front.

Pemberley Court said...

Is there any other place?? LOL Yes, that's where I went! I'll be sure to ask next time I go in!!

Jen Kershner said...

That sounds like a lovely way to spend your time. I bet if felt heavenly!

Related Posts with Thumbnails