Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Texas Part 2


This is the Methodist church outside our hotel. Love the architecture so I had to snap a shot of it!

Here we are inside Matilda....the trolley. She came all the way from Australia! She is operated by volunteers only. Isn't that amazing???? She runs all the time too. We rode all around downtown.
Here we are passing the Ritz Carlton.

This is downtown by the museums. I love all the trees there. We really don't have them in our downtown here! (LA)


Because I am a crazy person that likes old cemeteries (I always have even as a child) I could not leave Dallas with out a visit to the Greenwood Cemetery. Would you believe that it is smack dab in the middle of the city??????
This one reminded me of the haunted house at Disneyland.
This one was a Civil war memorial where several soldiers were laid to rest. He looks like Teddy Roosevelt to me....Night at the Museum?
This ia an angel with a mother and child. It is at a family plot. I thought she looked so pretty and brave. She is holding a trumpet of sorts.

Such a beautiful place to be put to rest.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails