Monday, December 22, 2008

Blessed is the man who loves the Lord and walks in His ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foTuixJuNb0

I love this song. It is performed by an opera singer named Renee Flemming. (It's not so opera-ish after the first 45 seconds) The song is called "Simple Song" by Leonard Bernstein. ( I love Bernstein) The musical accompianment is beautiful and simple. They are at the Mainz Cathedral which is so beautiful. It was my favorite place in that village when my sister and I visited when we were teenagers. My brother and sis in law lived in Mainz while he was stationed in Germany.

2 comments:

tabchoirfam said...

I love Renee Fleming! She is considered the best female singer in the world! She sang with the Tabernacle Choir for Christmas one year and sang the most beautiful Christmas song ever - Poor Mary. I don't have the recording, though.

Pemberley Court said...

I really like her too. I did watch her with the Choir on BYU....I remeber she wore a gorgeuos black gown. I'll have to look it up on youtube maybe. I just love that song and how she sung it....it really spoke to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails